” If you just sit and observe, you will see how restless your mind is. If you try to calm it, it only makes it worse, but over time it does calm, and when it does, there’s room to hear more subtle things–that’s when your intuition starts to blossom and you start to see things more clearly and be in the present more. Your mind just slows down, and you see a tremendous expanse in the moment. You see so much more than you could see before.”
– Steve Jobs
Positive Impact on Productivity and the Bottom Line
There is no doubt that meditation and mindfulness are becoming integral components to any institution. Indeed one would be hard pressed to find a global institution that is not fully embracing and incorporating wellbeing into their corporate ethos.
An institution that incorporates meditation and mindfulness into a greater holistic approach to employee wellbeing and morale can realize the following benefits:
- Decreased absenteeism
- Decreased work place related stress
- Decreased levels of procrastination
- Increased morale
- Increased mental focus and clarity
- Increased ingenuity and creativity
- Increased connectivity, both intrapersonal and to the firm
- Increased collegial collaboration
All of these benefits immediately fall down to positive gains on the output and productivity of the firm, and ultimately, benefit the bottom line.
Taking a Holistic Approach to a Firm’s Wellbeing:
The institution is only as strong as it’s weakest employee. My approach to the wellbeing of your employees seeks to increase wellbeing and morale of the entire firm and to really help catch those that may be struggling. An example of my services, daily, may be as follows:
Morning Grounding Meditations (25 minutes)
-Start each morning off grounded, relaxed and focused with this short and powerful guided meditation. Clients will use this time to clear their mind and, via guided meditative techniques, will be able to focus themselves on the tasks for the day. This practice increases focus, productivity, and the quality of the final product by allowing employees to become both deeply relaxed and deeply focused on the day
Afternoon Energizing Meditations (30 minutes)
-Everyone needs a pick me up during the day, namely after one that has been particularly demanding. By becoming still and focusing on specific energy centers within the body, this meditation will both energize and rejuvenate the employee allowing them to round out the day in a focused and highly productive manner.
After Work Detachment and Release (45-60 minutes)
-Concluding the day with a meditation that is focused on total release and detachment from the day is exceptionally powerful as it allows employees the ability to become centered, balanced and allows them the opportunity to let go deeply. Through a slow and gentle meditation, employees will be able to melt the day away and leave feeling completely relaxed and renewed for their evenings. Allowing this moment of calm and release will increase morale and productivity by providing a buffer between their work day and their private life.
Meditation and Wellbeing Workshops (Ongoing)
-Allow employees the opportunity to discover and incorporate meditation into their work environment via ongoing, focused workshops. These workshops will teach individuals how to incorporate meditative breathing techniques, enhance communication and collaboration between colleagues, decrease sick leave, absenteeism, and burn out and increase morale throughout the organization.
Daily Private Sessions and Drop-Ins (During work hours, exclusive of the above times)
The door will always be open for drop in meditations and quick stress release sessions.
- If an employee is feeling a bit under the weather for the day and they can benefit from a focused Reiki healing treatment to get them back on their feet
- Perhaps the employee has just received a large project and they are not sure how to approach it and need to become focused
- If an employee is feeling overwhelmed and needs a quiet place to ground and recharge
- If a group of employees are having a difficult time working together and then need a quiet space to help release anxiety and tension to regain focus
- If a group of employees are stuck and need to gain greater mental focus in a short amount of time to apply this directly to their task at hand
All of these components are designed to directly impact the firm in a very positive and productive manner.